The 50plus

50plus Commercial Services

0845 22 50 495 or one of our local numbers or book online here.

50plus provides a range of repair and maintenance services for domestic and commercial property agents, landlords and tenants including:


  • We'll help you provide excellent service using over 20 years of experience
  • Manned booking office - we answer calls
  • Book by telephone, email or online
  • Timed appointments
  • Technical support
  • Database job tracking
  • Out of hours service with optional dedicated telephone number and time of day call routing
  • Optional online fault reporting with built in advice features to reduce call outs


  • Take advantage of our experience and keep your property investment in good order
  • Read the information below to see what is mandated in terms of certification.

Aged under 50 and / or a householder?

  • Then use our repair and maintenance services - yes you are elligible! Click here to find out more.

Problem solving

Whatever the problem we'll have our own experts or trusted third parties to solve it. Where circumstances dictate we'll undertake an investigation and produce a report in the first instance.

Investigation and reports

We will investigate problems and provide an expert view on what needs doing and why.

Drone based surveys and thermal efficiency reports

We will undertake for domestic, commercial and heritage structures (i) condition and roof inspections including commercial flat roof water ingress detection and solar panel condition inspections and (ii) energy efficiency thermal surveys.

50plus repairs

50plus plumbers, electricians, handyman, drainage experts, decorators and more get problems fixed, fast and our offices will book appointments with your tenants.

Project management

Where larger repairs are needed, 50plus will project manage works, keeping the landlord, agent and tenants informed of activities whilst carefully managing the on-site workforce.

Required certification

Gas certification

50plus Gas Safe registered personnel will inspect and certify gas appliances in a let property annually.

Electrical certification

50plus is NICEIC registered and will inspect and certify the electrical installation in a let property See below for details of recent legislative changes in this regard.

Energy Performance Certification

Properties being marketed for rent require an EPC. 50plus will undertake EPCs. Certificates will be valid for 10 Years from the date of registration.

Other certification and mandated risk assessment

Testing of smoke and CO alarms

Landlords are required in law to ensure that working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are installed and tested in rental properties in England. The legislation came into effect in October 2015. An overview of the requirements is shown here.

Electrical certification

A formal requirement for a let property to have a regular electrical inspection has now been introduced.

50plus offers both a an EICR (which is for the fixed wiring and is colloquially known as a 5 year report) and for a small additional fee will incorporate PAT and smoke alarm inspections. Check with 50plus for pricing, more information and advice or order on-line here. Read the Electrical Safety Council guide here.

Note: the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020 came into effect on 1st June 2020 for a new tenancy and from 1st April 2021 for an existing tenancy. A copy of the new regulations can be found here.

Legionella prevention

Although there is no formally required certificate for legionella risk, the HSE states "Landlords who provide residential accommodation, as the person in control of the premises or responsible for the water systems in their premises, have a legal duty to ensure that the risk of exposure of tenants to legionella is properly assessed and controlled. This duty extends to residents, guests, tenants and customers. They can carry out a risk assessment themselves if they are competent, or employ somebody who is."

50plus provides a legionella risk assessment service for landlords who do not wish to undertake this themselves. This includes advising on and where required undertaking the HSE recommended simple control measures such as:

  • Flushing out the system before letting the property
  • Avoiding debris getting into the system (e.g ensure the cold water tanks, where fitted, have a tight-fitting lid)
  • Setting control parameters (e.g setting the temperature of the calorifier to ensure water is stored at 60 °C)
  • Making sure any redundant pipework identified is removed
  • Management of premises which are void for a period
  • Advise on any actions arising from the findings of the risk assessment.

50plus also provides documentation for landlords to advise tenants of the need to inform the landlord if the hot water is not heating properly or if there are any other problems with the system, so that appropriate action can be taken.

Read the short HSE residential guidance here. Read the full HSE advice here


Advice on condensation issues , a particular problem is the autumn (fall) and winter. There's good basic advice from NHBC available here.

Please note that not all services are available in all areas, do check with us for details.


Information on costs for maintenance is available by keying in the location where work is required on our coverage and services page. You can also obtain information about how long jobs take on our 'how much?' pages. Contact us for information on out of hours and online fault reporting services.

How to obtain service

To obtain service please telephone 50plus on 0845 22 50 495 or one of our local numbers between 9am and 5:30pm week days with messages taken outside these hours or if the lines are all busy OR you may book online 24/7 here.

It is helpful if you can give us some advance notice of your requirements.

Why Choose 50plus?